Family-Friendly Features on Honda Models in Sherwood, AR
For your busy family in Little Rock, day-to-day life can be hectic. Fortunately, Honda’s lineup of SUVs and minivans are equipped with a variety of family-friendly features that can help take the stress out of your daily schedule.
Honda Sensing® suite
Almost all new Honda vehicle are equipped with the Honda Sensing® suite of active and driver-assist technologies designed to help protect you and your passengers. It includes the following:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™, which can detect an imminent frontal collision and help bring your Honda to a stop by automatically applying the brakes.
- Road Departure Mitigation, which can provide steering assistance to help you stay in your lane when you cross over the line without using a turn signal.
- Lane Keeping Assist System, which subtly steers the vehicle to keep you in the center of the lane on the highway.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, which works like regular cruise control but also helps you maintain a preset distance to vehicles ahead, and can even come to a stop if necessary.
- Traffic Sign Recognition, which displays information about traffic signs in the instrument cluster.
Rear Entertainment System
The Honda Pilot and Odyssey are offered with a Rear Entertainment System featuring an integrated Blu-ray™ disc player, wireless headphones, HDMI® compatibility, and a remote control. On long road trips, there’s no better way to keep the kids calm and entertained than putting on a movie. The system is also capable of streaming media directly from a smart device, or via the built-in Wi-Fi system if you have it activated.
Available in select Honda models, CabinWatch® lets you monitor your kids without having to take your eyes off the road. Thanks to a camera built into the overhead console, you can take a look at your second- and third-row occupants on the Odyssey’s touch-screen display by simply touching the CabinWatch® icon on the home screen. Using infrared LEDs, it even works at night without disturbing your little ones from their sleep.
CabinTalk® is an in-car PA system that makes you better heard by passengers without having to raise your voice. When in use, CabinTalk® automatically mutes all other audio signals — including the wireless headphones that come with the Rear Entertainment System — to ensure you can easily communicate with rear-seat passengers. Now you don’t have to yell inside the car to be heard.
Parents know how important it is to have a flexible interior for a variety of situations. The Magic Seat® (available on select Honda models) helps you maximize your cargo-carrying capacity without compromising passenger space. In addition to functioning like a traditional 60/40-split rear seat, it also has an array of modes:
- Utility Mode for maximizing cargo capacity
- Tall Mode for accommodating tall items that need to remain upright
- Long Mode for long items like lumber or surfboards
- Refresh Mode, usable only when parked, which combines the front passenger seat with the seat just behind it to create a single, comfortable den
Almost all Honda vehicles are equipped with a child-seat mounting system called LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren). LATCH makes it easier to securely attach a compatible child seat to the vehicle seat, allowing you to secure your youngest children.
Rear Seat Reminder
Honda’s Rear Seat Reminder system remembers when a rear door has been opened prior to driving away. When you get to your destination and turn off the vehicle, the system will prompt you to check for rear occupants. Frantic moments can get the best of us all, but the Rear Seat Reminder system aims to make sure no bad consequences come of them.
For a closer look at these and other Honda family-friendly features, we invite you to visit Russell Honda in North Little Rock, AR.